1. How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
25% deposit of the total price is required to hold your date and is non-refundable (50% deposit if event is within 6 months).
2. What's the payment plan for the entire bill? Once deposit has been paid (see above) the payment plan is as follows: Six months before your event or at booking, whichever is first, 50% of the total balance is due and is non-refundable. Three months before your event or at booking, 75% of the total balance is due and is non-refundable. One month before your event the contract is due in full at 100% or at booking whichever is first. Payment is non-refundable.
3. Is there a discount for booking an off-season date? For specials and discounts, if applicable, please contact us at 832.422.7674. Our pricing is extremely competitive.
4. Can I hold my ceremony here, too? Yes. Is there an additional charge? No.
5. Is the ceremony site close to the reception site? Yes.
6. Can I hire my own vendors (caterer, coordinator, DJ, etc.), or must I select from a preferred vendor list? You can hire your own vendors. We need a current copy of their insurance and license, when applicable.
7. Is there a bride's changing area? Yes, we have a Texas sized Bridal Suite complete with 4 vanities, locking closet, a large bathroom, sitting and dining area with room to spare.
8. How much time is allocated for the rehearsal? Monday through Thursday and Sundays, rentals are 8 hours. Friday and Saturday rentals are 14 hours. Typical rehearsals last 30-45 minutes and are held the day of. Just think, no coordinating everyone two days in a row. Everyone is ready to rehearse and celebrate the same day.
9. Is the site handicap accessible? Yes.
10. What's your weather contingency plan for outdoor spaces? We have a beautiful ballroom you can use, or reservation and rental of tent(s) at the expense of the contracted party.
11. How long will I have use of the event space(s) I reserve? 8 hours Sunday through Thursdays (10am-6pm). 14 hours Friday and Saturdays (10am- 12am).
12. Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer? $350/hr overtime charge.
13. Can I move things around and decorate to suit my purposes, or do I have to leave everything as is? Décor and furniture is as is, however, we might be open to your ideas. Prior approval is required.
14. Are there decoration guidelines/restrictions? Hay, rice, glitter, silly string, confetti, cornmeal or any gel like substances are not permitted anywhere indoor or outdoor on the premises, silk flowers may be used inside only. Candles must be in glass containers and flame must be contained by glass hold. Nails, screws, staples, duct tape and any other permanent marking tools cannot be used to attach decorations. Birdseed may be used outside the building only. If decorations are to be placed by client, location approval must be given prior to event. Client must clean up all decorations they provide or decorations provided on their behalf for their event, prior to end of day.
15. What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding? 10am.
16. How much time will I have for décor setup? 10am until the start of event.
17. Does the venue provide assistance getting gifts or décor back to a designated car, hotel room, etc. after the event has concluded? No.
18. Do you provide a coat check service or is there an area that can be used and staffed for that purpose? No coat check service is provided. An area can be provided, staffing and coat racks would be the financial responsibility of the contracted party and The Estates at Pecan Park would not be liable for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
19. Is there an outdoor space where my guests can mingle, and can it be heated and/or protected from the elements if necessary? We have an 80’ by 20’ covered patio immediately off of the ballroom, featuring bar top tables. Heaters and AC’s can be supplied at the expense of the contracted party.
20. Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of “preferred” caterers, or do I need to provide my own? Outside caterers are welcome. We do need a current copy of their insurance and licensing. We have a caterer’s prep kitchen with separate entry from outside as well as direct ballroom access for ease of service. Please let us know if you would like a list of recommended caterers.
21. Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided, or will I have to rent them or have my caterer provide? Up to 30- 72” round tables are provided. 6ft rectangular tables for gift/cake display are available. Choice of white, ivory or black linens to the floor are provided. 300 gold chivari chairs for indoor use and 300 white resin folding chairs for outdoor use are provided. Plates, silverware, glassware and napkins are not provided and would need to be rented or provided by the contracted caterer of your choosing at your expense.
22. Can I bring in a cake from an outside cake maker or must I use a cake made on the premises? Is there a cake-cutting fee? Wedding cakes must be brought in from an outside vendor. We do need a current copy of their insurance and licensing. Cake cutting fee and special utensils would be the responsibility of the contracted caterer or contracted party.
23. Can I bring my own wine, beer or champagne, and is there a corkage fee if I do? Can I bring in other alcohol? We do not provide alcohol or alcohol services directly. Yes, outside alcohol is permitted. Bartenders are required and must be hired through The Estates at Pecan Park and TABC certified. Security must be hired through The Estates at Pecan Park and present while alcohol is served. Contracted party is responsible for Bartenders and Security.
24. Are there restrictions on what kind of music I can play, or a time by which the music must end? Can you accommodate a DJ or live band? We can accommodate both a DJ and/or Live band.
25. Is there parking on site? Yes
26. Do you offer valet parking? We do not offer valet parking. You can contract with an outside vendor to provide at your expense. We will just need a current copy of their insurance. The Estates of Pecan Park would not be liable for any lost, stolen or damaged items or property.
27. How many restrooms are there? 4 Women’s and 5 Men’s restrooms are located right outside of the ballroom. Our bridal suite, grooms suite and mother’s quarters each have their own private restroom as well.
28. Do you offer on-site coordination? Will the coordinator supervise day-of? How much assistance can I get with the setup/décor? We offer day of coordination services for an additional charge. We will set-up the initial use of the ballroom or orchard. All other wedding coordination can be contracted through outside planners, if you choose to utilize one. We will hold a meeting 30-45 days before contracted date to finalize set-up; arrival, etc.
29. What security services do you offer? Do I need to hire my own security guards, or does the site hire them or have on staff? Security guards are mandatory and are required to
be present anytime alcohol is being served. Contracted party to hire directly through The Estates at Pecan Park.
30. Does the venue have liability insurance? Yes.
*Your date is not officially reserved until you sign a contract and pay a deposit.*